Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bees, bees, and....well......bees!

As I was sucking up the stink bugs today....I was reminded of a similar situation....

We were living in the workshop. It was a Saturday morning, and dad was not home. He was helping someone....I don't remember who, or what. Anita was on her top bunk, and noticed a couple of honey bees. We killed them.....and thought that was the end of it.

Next thing we knew, there were more and more and more.....Mom, me, and Anita were killing them with everything we could find. Mom finally decided she couldn't deal with it anymore, packed up in the car....and left.

We stopped by where dad was and mom told him, and I quote...."Going to moms, call me when the bees are gone!" and we left! Dad was thinking we were crazy! Why were they so upset about a few bees.

I don't know how long it was before he got home, but when he pulled up, he knew immediately why we were so upset!! The windows were covered in bees!! Dad spent quite a few hours getting rid of them. Evidently the queen bee decided to find another home, and decided she liked ours and moved her family in! We found dead bees for weeks after!

So, dad was a hero, and saves us from the bees....he then decided to close up every hole he could find in the workshop. We got to spend the day with Grandma! Just another "normal" day in the Osborne household!!

I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of people reading my blog....I really didn't think anyone would be interested. I would love comments....and if you were a part of any of my stories, your thoughts would be awesome!! If you have any suggestions for what you would like to hear about.....let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment