I haven't posted in a few days. The weather has had me in a "blah" mood....and I just couldn't come up with anything interesting to write. Well....today "they" are saying we will actually get some snow. I'll believe it when I see it.....right now, all I see is rain! (Picture is a few years old)
I love snow. Soo many great memories about fun times that involved snow. When we lived on Dandridge Drive, Uncle Dicky's yard was the best for sledding....you started in the front yard at the street, down the front yard, a little level off, then down again into the back yard.....and straight into the chain link fence! Dad and Dicky would be posted at the bottom....their job was to stop us before hitting the fence. We had one of the old sleighs with runners.....soooo much fun. Before we moved to the mountain, we went sleigh riding on the driveway. The drive was almost a 80-85 degree angel going down, and very small dip, and then back up the other side.....Dicky had gotten a piece of rubber that was part of a belt on a machine at the paper mill.....best sleigh ever!!!!! Dad pushed the snow on the driveway to give us a bank on each side....he didn't want us ending up in the lake or the creek!! The worst part was walking back up the hill to do it again!!
Another snow memory is going out with dad to push snow off of driveways or to pull people out of ditches.....this one actually almost got dad a felony charge! I wasn't there....so I'm relying on what Anita and dad told me.....they were out, and a State Trooper had found himself in a ditch. Anita talked dad into stopping and trying to help. They hooked the truck up, and started pulling the car out....but the truck slipped, and bumped into the car.....well....in Virginia, if you hit a police car, you can be charged with a felony. The trooper had to write dad a ticket....but when they got to court...the judge dismissed it....dad had to pay to get the car fixed....much better than a felony!! (Anita....please comment if any of this isn't correct!!!)
My perfect home would be a log cabin on the hill, overlooking the field and lake. I would be in heaven on a snow day.....fire in the fireplace, and watching out a big window. This also brings me to another reason I love snow. The field and lake, covered in snow, reminds me of God's love for us. When he died on the cross, his blood cleansed our sins and made us white as snow. Every time I see snow, and especially a field covered and untouched, how much God loves me!! I can't think of any better reason to like it!!
Enjoy the snow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment